Plantable paper pencils made out of recycled papers are the new age attraction among kids. These pencils embed the aspect of sustainability with fun and learning. Shifting to plantable paper pencils is one way of giving back to nature.
Pencils made from recycled newsprint have been in the bazaar for a very long time. Today, there is a gorgeous addition to these paper pencils which are attracting young minds. The new age invention is that the paper pencil now comes with a seed encapsulated at the top which makes the pencil grow into plants when watered.
Besides bringing the aspect of eco-friendliness, the flowering paper pencil comes with a purpose. Post the pencil lifetime (once it is too short to use), kids can bury the pencil in the soil to watch them grow into plants. The fun & learning part is that kids can now grow their own gardens and learn the art of producing food. Plantable paper pencils also come with different varieties and categories of herbs, fruits, vegetables and ornamental plants.
Paper pencils don’t have any impact on forest and environment as they don’t use any wood. They are manufactured in a closed technologically advanced production unit using recycled paper, strong lead and quality seeds.
- Made from recycled paper – no trees are cut and no forest is harmed in the process
- Non-GMO seeds are used and are procured directly from the farmers
- Paper pencils offer great writing quality with extra dark lead
- No artificial colours are used and hence no harm to children
- Available in different sizes and mixture of seeds
Here are few simple instructions on how to plant the plantable paper pencils to ensure 100% success rate –
- Use a good pot or seedling cup
- Fill the pot with coco peat or soil free from impurities and weeds
- Water the pot slowly to ensure the soil is wet. Do not over water.
- Plant your flowering pencil inside the pot by inserting the seed portion downwards
- Place the pot near window or place where there is sufficient sunlight
- Water the pot daily with care until the seed in the flowering pencil starts to germinate
Young students from around the country have been ordering the new plantable paper pencils. Order your pencil pack soon. Purchasing the plantable paper pencil is one way of giving back to nature. When the plants start growing, don’t forget to share a picture of yours in the social media. This helps in more people knowing the benefits of using a seed pencil.